I grew up in a rural farming village in the Philippines and was made familiar with the physical demands of manual labor and mountain treks from a very young age. The normal route to school and market was an hours-long journey on foot that made me appreciate the value of hard work and being physically capable.
After moving to the city for my secondary education, I was introduced to the world of martial arts. In college, I obtained a scholarship for my degree in Police Science & Technology as a competitive athlete in Karate, Jujitsu, Judo and Taekwondo. I won bronze, silver and gold medals through my entire career as an amateur martial arts competitor. Before graduation, I earned my Black Belt.
As a fresh graduate, I obtained a contractual job in the appliance retail industry whilst contemplating between starting a career with the Philippine Marines or to continue my Police higher education. After work, I would visit a nearby gym and would eventually be encouraged by friends and trainers to try my hand in natural bodybuilding.
After winning several bodybuilding competitions, I was offered a full-time job as a fitness instructor at Winner’s Gym in Iloilo City, where I honed my skills and knowledge in group exercise and personal training.
In 2007, my wife Shirley and I moved abroad to the Sultanate of Oman, where I continued my journey in wellness and sports. I have a career in the Education and Sports sector. My family and I are currently based in the city of Muscat.
Sports & Fitness Qualifications
- Certified Group Exercise Leader – MEFITPRO, approved by American Council of Exercise and UAE Register of Exercise Professionals
- Les Mills International Advanced Instructor – BodyPump (Full Body Barbell Workout) & RPM (Cycling)
- Certified Mixed Martial Arts for Fitness Instructor – Rossi Brazilian Jiujutsu, via MEFITPRO
- Member and Certified Black Belt Instructor, National Jujitsu Karate Judo Association-Philippines
- Certificate in Swedish Massage and Reflexology – Remnant Health Centre Philippines
- Certificate as Cable Training Specialist – Human Sport
- Certificate in CPR/First Aid and Health, Safety & Environment
Education & Training
- Les Mills BodyPump Advanced Instructor Module – February 2019, UAE
- Petroleum Development Oman Standards in Health, Safety and Environment & First Aid – 2012 to 2017
- Rossi Team/MEFITRO Certificate in Mixed Martial Arts for Fitness – October 2016, UAE
- Les Mills RPM (Indoor Cycling) Instructor Module – January 2016, UAE
- Les Mills BodyPump Instructor Module – May 2014, UAE
- MEFITPRO Group Exercise Leader Course – April 2014, UAE
- Associate Degree in Police Science and Technology, University of Iloilo (Iloilo City, Philippines) – Department of Criminology, graduated 2005
- Champion, Mr. Benedicto (Iloilo City) Invitational Bodybuilding Competition (August 2006)
- Champion – Novice Division, Mr. Iloilo Natural Bodybuilding Competition (January 2006)
- Silver Medal (2 – 2005 & 2004) & Gold Medal (2 – 2003), Iloilo Private Schools Athletic Association Sports Meet
- Gold Medal – Taekwondo, Iloilo City Sports Council Meet (October 2003)
- Gold Medal, Western Visayas Taekwondo Championship (May & July 2003)
- Silver Medal, Visayas Open Taekwondo Championship (April 2003)
- Silver Medal – Taekwondo, Invitational Governors Cup (Iloilo) (February 2003)
- Bronze Medal – Taekwondo, 1st Iloilo City Summer Olympics (May 2002)
- Bronze Medal, Miag-ao (Iloilo) Invitational Taekwondo Championship (February 2002)